Search My Blog!!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rotisserie Chicken, Hummus, Veggie and Brown Rice Wrap

Lunches normally consist of a lot of rice and vegetables for me.  This is the easiest, yummiest and quickest wrap that I've ever created.

Tip:  buy vegetables and smaller portions of meat at the salad bar to save money.  I ALWAYS do this because I have lettuce at home, but I want to have more stuff on my salads.  This way, I ensure that I can have some sprouts (without spending $4 on a package of sprouts) or beets (without spending $4 on a package of beers).  There is more variety and it costs significantly less.  My assortment of cucumbers, baby tomatoes, shredded carrots, rotisserie chicken, sprouts and green peppers cost about $3.  I was able to make 2 sandwiches out of this.


Rotisserie Chicken, Hummus, Veggie and Brown Rice Wrap
By Me!

Yield:  1

Ingredients
  • 1 wrap (I use LaTortilla Factory, Traditional w/ Extra Dietary Fiber - 90 cal, 3g fat, 13g dietary fiber.  Note:  Mission Tortillas are unnecessarily high and run at about 200+ calories for one wrap)
  • Hummus (or any type of spread you prefer)
  • 2-3 oz. of rotisserie chicken (or whichever meat you prefer)
  • Assortment of vegetables that you want on your wrap
  • Rice (I used the Minute brown rice individual cups that cook in 1 minute)
Directions
  1. If using brown rice bowl, cook in microwave for 1 minute.
  2. Spread hummus (or whatever spread you choose) down the middle of the wrap.
  3. Lay veggies on top of spread.
  4. Place meat on top, sprinkle with italian seasoning or salt/pepper.
  5. Spoon a couple of spoonfuls of rice on the wrap.
    1. Reserve the remainder for a side.  Sprinkle salt, pepper and italian seasoning in mixture.
  6. Roll and enjoy! 
Be careful you don't overstuff the wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment