Search My Blog!!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Agave Crusted Salmon with Strawberry Kiwi Salsa

So, I've realized that I have been slacking on adding recipes for actual food.  And, I have been cooking a lot recently so I have a lot of good recipes to add!  So, I promise to get a better balance going from here on out.

One of the many things that I love about our new place is the ability to grill again.  We have a charcoal grill and since finally learning how to use it, dinners have been turning out quite nicely on grill nights.  Ron is in charge of all things grilled in the house.  To me, the grill equals man territory.  Grilling is a "blue job" and I like to avoid blue jobs.  So, I am perfectly content with sitting back and watching his grilling expertise.

This salmon recipe was incredibly easy to make.  And, incredibly quick and easy for Ron to grill.  I was craving something savory sweet, so I mixed up a quick strawberry salsa (instead of Giada's citrus salsa) to pair with the agave on the salmon.  It worked really well, though I would have loved to incorporate some fresh mint if I had it on hand.  I mixed up what I thought would be a two serving recipe, but I ended up eating the entire bowl of salsa that I had mixed!  If you make the recipe, adjust as necessary (or use Giada's measurements).  The salsa should sit for about 30 minutes for the ingredients to mix, so plan accordingly!
Agave Salmon with Strawberry Kiwi Salsa
Salmon from Giada
Yield:  2 servings
Ingredients
For Salmon
  • 2x5 ounce salmon portions, skinned
  • 1 tablespoon agave nectar
  • salt and pepper
For Salsa
  • 1/2 c chopped strawberries
  • 1/4 c chopped kiwi
  • 1/4 c diced red bell pepper
  • 1/2 Tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp lime juice
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ginger
Instructions
For Salmon
  1. Preheat grill and brush vegetable oil on racks to prevent from sticking.
  2. Brush the salmon on both sides with agave and season with salt and pepper.
  3. Grill until fish flakes easily and is cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
  4. Serve with salsa!
For Salsa
  1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
  2. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment