Search My Blog!!

Friday, December 17, 2010

Cinnadoodles - Week Eleven

I almost feel like I am cheating in '12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies' by posting this recipe.  You see, I have another delicious snickerdoodle recipe already posted on my blog.  This one isn't a heck of a lot different... but it's good and so I'm using it as week eleven's cookie!  This was actually the cookie I chose to bake for a coworker's cookie exchange party this past weekend.  I had over 8 dozen of them by the time I was done baking them.  But, because I could not get out of my driveway to get to the cookie exchange party, and because our freezer is small, neighbors and mailmen were able to experience the cinnamon/sugar goodness and not my coworkers.  :(

I am not going to lie.  12 weeks of Christmas cookies has me cookie'd out.  I suppose it may be a good thing.  Normally, mom and I bake anywhere from 4-6 different types of cookies shortly before the holiday.  Normally, I average about 4-6 cookies a day for about 4-6 weeks (or so it seems).  We try to do something all of the cookies to prevent this major indulgence and we often freeze them, which in turn makes the boys incredibly angry.  But, I don't think I'm going to be eating a ridiculous amount of cookies this year.  Let's face it - I've been baking cookies for eleven weeks straight!  Not to mention, mom sent 4 dozen of favorite cookie of all time, thumbprints, that arrived somehow on the morning of the blizzard (poor UPS man!)!  Between the thumbprints, the 8 dozen cinnadoodles, the past ten weeks of cookies, and the upcoming baking session with mom, I'm done with cookies.  I'm cookie'd out.

But, because you probably have not been suffocated with cookies, I do feel that you should find some cinnamon chips to make a batch of these cinnadoodles.  If you love cinnamon and sugar, they are amazing.  And, the cinnamon chips are the best thing ever.  I actually just used up the last of my bag in some eggnog cinnamon scones (recipe to be posted soon!) and questioned whether I should sprint to the store to buy more before some freak factory disaster removes them from the shelves for all eternity!  But, I didn't.  I actually just decided to bite into another cinnadoodle.  Oh boy.  Thank goodness I'm allowed to eat like a piggie during the winter months.  It's cold in MN; we could all use some extra skin!
Cinnadoodles
from Two Peas and Their Pod - A Martha Stewart recipe
Yield:  About 48
Ingredients
  • 2 3/4 cup AP flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • about half a bag of cinnamon chips
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
  • 3 Tbsp cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
  3. Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.  Mix in eggs.  Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour.  Add in cinnamon chips.
  4. Stir together 3 Tbsp cinnamon and 3 Tbsp sugar in a small bowl.  Shape dough into round balls; roll in cinnamon sugar.  Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment.
  5. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 12-14 minutes.  Don't overbake!  Let cool on a cookie sheet for a minute or two, then transfer to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment