Search My Blog!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats

A few months ago, cake batter infused goodies began to appear all over the blogosphere world. I was intrigued. So when one of my good friends recently celebrated her 30th birthday, I knew I had to make these. She loves rice krispie treats. Loves them. When I think of birthdays, I automatically think of colorful celebrations. What a colorful, fun way to celebrate a birthday! They smelled awesome and tasted great. Plus, thanks to all of the cake batter recipes I saved, I have tons of things I can make with the leftover cake batter: pancakes, chocolate bark, cupcakes. Enjoy!
Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
from How Sweet It Is
Yield: 1 pan of Treats
Ingredients
  • 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
  • 10 oz bag marshmallows
  • 1/4c - 1/3 c yellow cake mix
  • 6 cups rice krispies cereal
  • 1.75 oz bottle of colored jimmies, divided
Instructions
  1. Melt 3 Tbsp butter over low heat in a large pot.
  2. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and mixed with butter.
  3. Add 1/4c - 1/3c of cake mix by spoonful until mixed thoroughly throughout.
  4. Remove marshmallow/cake mix mixture from heat and stir in 6 cups of rice krispies until krispies are covered with marshmallow mixture.
  5. Stir in half of the jimmies.
  6. Press into lightly-sprayed baking pan (any size will do). Top krispies with the remaining jimmies and press into krispies with back of a spatula. Let rest for 30 minutes before cutting.
  7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment