Search My Blog!!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

It's that time of year again where everything seems to be made with pumpkins. Last year, I went a little overboard on my pumpkin use. I was whipping up pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin scones, pumpkin bread, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin granola, etc. But this year, I'm keeping it cool and sticking to some basics. I've already made some muffins and a pumpkin based chili. But now I plan to hold off on pumpkin because I want to make sure I enjoy my favorite holiday dessert (pumpkin pie) without being sick of the main ingredient!
These muffins are delicious and pack just enough pumpkin to give you a delightful taste of autumn. They are quick, easy to make, and the perfect grab-and-go breakfast. Enjoy!

Note: I always link back to the source where I found the original recipe. But sadly, I cannot find the source for these! I found the recipe scribbled on my recipe pad and could not locate a bookmark. I feel terrible so if the person who posted this recipe should ever happen to stumble on my blog, I apologize in advance. Please send a comment so I can attribute the recipe to you!
Pumpkin Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Ingredients
  • 1 cup AP flour
  • 1 cup WW flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 3 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 - 3/4 c pecans (or nuts or seeds of your choice)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin tin.
  2. Combine the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour through salt) in a bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet (pumpkin puree through vanilla extract) ingredients.
  4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
  5. Fold in the pecans.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment