Search My Blog!!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Praying for Salem

Salem entered the ER-ICU on Friday evening for complications involving her diabetes. The veterinarians are very concerned because she is declining and not responding to the aggressive treatmen; they think there might be a concurrent issue. They say she is not in pain. I know they are doing everything that they can. But I don't know why she isn't improving. We've been able to visit with her twice. She is very depressed and won't look at us or move. Other cats in similar states have spent up to ten days in the ICU... but it does not seem like the vets are interested in allowing that much time.
Salem has been my baby girl for eight years. She's gotten me through some rough times. I cannot imagine how my life would be without her. I'm hoping and praying with the strength I have left...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ashley. :( Hang in there. Thinking of you and praying for Salem.

    ReplyDelete