Search My Blog!!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Salmon with Maple-Lemon Glaze and Mango Sauce

This recipe was inspired from a few various sources.  I was craving something fruity and tropical.  I also wanted salmon because I haven't had it in a while.  Overall, it turned out pretty well.  I didn't prepare the salmon the way that the recipe originally intended (re-use glaze and broil) so I ended up baking it.  Accordingly, I don't think it picked up on the flavor as strong as it could have.  Fortunately, I had already intended to use the mango sauce on the salmon so there was plenty of flavor there.  It was a very quick and easy meal.  It took about 25 minutes total, but most of that was cook time so there was very minimal prep time.  I definitely think I'll try it again with the broil method.  You can see the original recipe by clicking the Cooking Light link below.  


I included the recipe for 4 servings, but I ended up making one serving for myself.  The measuring / timing worked out just fine and I was able to roast some asparagus spears at the same time my salmon was cooking.  The mango sauce yields about 1/2 cup, so if you think you want more, use another mango!  I used a medium-large mango.


Don't mind the giant piece of salmon I ate for dinner.  I had just got back from a 10 mile run and was starving!
Salmon with Maple-Lemon Glaze and Mango Sauce
salmon adapted from Cooking Light
Yield:  4 servings
Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tbsp cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillets
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • cooking spray
  • 1 mango
  • 1/3 c water
  • cinnamon-sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. For Salmon:  Combine lemon juice, maple syrup, cider vinegar and oil in large ziplock plastic bag.  Add fish to bag; seal.  Refrigerate 10 minutes, turning bag once.
  3. Remove fish from bag.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  
  4. Bake in baking pan for 10-12 minutes or until opaque and fish flakes easily.
  5. Meanwhile, prepare mango sauce.
  6. For Mango Sauce:  Dice mango, add water, and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.  Add cinnamon-sugar to taste.  Mash mango.  Serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment