Search My Blog!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Vegetable Soup

One of my favorite meals is a big bowl of soup with a big, hearty slice of multigrain bread.  It's strange.  I'll go for a longer run and crave soup and bread, even if it is 90 degrees outside and I have been running for 2 hours.  (I'm thinking it has something to do with the salt.)

I've been trying to eat healthier.  After the move, I was desperately craving fruits and vegetables.  I had purchased a box of Eden Organic pasta shells a while back at Kowalski's and had visited their site to find a good recipe for them.  I knew I wanted this soup the second I saw it.  Strangely, Ron was craving soup too.  This soup was very fresh and light tasting, even though it had so much starch!  Very, very delicious!  And, Ron ate all of his veggies :)
Hearty Soup with Small Vegetable Shells
Eden Organic
Ingredients
  • 1 cup Eden Organic Small Vegetable Shells
  • 1Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup celery, diced
  • 1 cup carrots, diced
  • 1 cup potatoes, diced
  • 1/2 cup green beans, remove ends, sliced
  • 3 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 can Kidney Beans, do not drain
  • 1 can Garbanzo Beans, do not drain
  • 1 can Diced Tomatoes with Basil, do not drain
  • 1 cup Water
  • 2 tsp Sea Salt
Instructions
  1. Cook pasta as package directs, rinse, drain and set aside. 
  2. Heat oil in a soup pot, sauté garlic and onions for 2 to 3 minutes. 
  3. Add all ingredients except the salt and pasta. 
  4. Cover, bring to a boil. 
  5. Reduce the flame to medium-low, simmer for 30 minutes. 
  6. Put pasta in each bowl, top with soup and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment