Search My Blog!!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Butter Pecan Bread

I've made this bread twice in the past week or so and it has been enjoyed both times.  First, by Ron and myself.  And now with my parents.  So, it is definitely post-worthy.

I love baking with buttermilk.  Any time I see a buttermilk recipe, I normally save it and pick up a carton the next time I am at the store.  I love the smell.  I love the taste!  I saved this one because I had recently made some maple cocoa pecan spread and I knew the combination would be awesome.  It was absolutely dynamite!

This bread is delicious.  It is a sweet bread, with a lot of sugar, so I'd advise to save it as a treat and not eat as much as I did for the first day or so.  But, it's just sooo good!  You can't help yourself.  Enjoy with a cup of coffee and some apple butter.  Yum :)
Butter Pecan Bread
Southern Food About.Com

Ingredients
  • 2 1/4 cups sifted flour (I used white whole wheat)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices; blend in brown sugar.
  3. Combine egg, buttermilk, and butter; add to flour mixture, stirring to blend well. 
  4. Stir in chopped nuts. 
  5. Turn batter into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. 
  6. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.

1 comment:

  1. This bread was soooooooo good. Thank you so very much for making it for us.

    ReplyDelete