Search My Blog!!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookies

I am always on the search for a decent batch of chocolate chip cookies.  I've made a ton that claim to be the best:  Alton Brown's the Chewie, the famous NY Times cookie, the Neiman Marcus cookie, and other random cookie recipes.  They were all good, but nothing that I could literally say was the "best" cookie ever.  I don't really think there can be a best cookie ever.  They are all good!  And, I can never tell the difference.  Honestly, what does 1/16 of a tsp more of salt add to a batch of 40 some cookies?  Nonetheless, this recipe had 1/2 cup more flour than the standard Nestle Toll House recipe and I can say that I would prefer this base over Nestle.  Hmm.

But, I baked and ate these a few days ago, and I can still remember that they were awesome.  So, I think I've finally found a decent, quick, easy chocolate chip cookie recipe that I can remember and tell people to use!

Honestly, these were up there with my favorite recipes.  The recipe uses those little cookie dough bites that you can find at the store or gas station.  I don't know if it was the base recipe or the addition of the candies, but they were simply incredible.  They were so moist, so chocolately, so buttery.  I couldn't stay away!  I think the recipe would be incredible without the candies (and with nuts), so I may use this as my go-to chocolate chip recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookies
Picky Palate
Ingredients
  • 2 sticks softened butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 2 6 oz boxes, chocolate chip cookie dough bites
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Cream the butters and sugars until well combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
  3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips and cookie dough bites just until combined.
  4. Scoop tsp-1/2 tbsp full balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
  5. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
  6. Let cool on baking sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment