Search My Blog!!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lime Cilantro Chicken with Lime Cilantro Corn

I always do this!!  I cook dinner, we love the recipe, I add it to my posting que, then I never post it and it remains in 'edit' mode for several weeks.  This isn't really that big of a deal, but I have a number of summer posts remaining and we are basically in fall.


Well, we're still grilling, so maybe you are too!  This was a light and fresh meal that I cooked up for friends one night.  It was an impromptu visit and I looked at my odd abundance of lime and cilantro and decided that it would be the theme for the night.
Unfortunately, the one thing that I forget to do when I add the recipe to my que is write down what I thought about the meal.  Oops.  I need to start doing that.  I do recall that everyone really liked it (or at least everyone finished their meal).  And, I recall adding it to the que that night with a note that we should use it for bbq's more often.
 
Lime Cilantro Marinade
Sunset
Ingredients
  • 2 pounds chicken (I used breasts)
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1/2 cup cilantro
  • 6 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 T honey
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
Instructions
  1. Mix all marinade ingredients in large bowl.
  2. Pour over chicken and turn to coat.
  3. Cover chicken and chill, marinating for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
  4. Grill chicken until no longer pink in the middle.
Lime Cilantro Corn
Healthline
Ingredients
  • 4 ears of corn, shucked (preferably fresh, but frozen can be used as well)
  • 2 bell peppers, seeded and diced
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1 Tbs olive oil
  • Juice of 2 limes
  • 1/8-1/4 cup cilantro
Instructions
  1. Cut corn kernels off of cob.
  2. Saute onions and bell peppers in olive oil until soft.
  3. Add corn and cook 5 more minutes.
  4. Turn off heat, squeeze lime juice over corn, add cilantro and lightly toss.
  5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

    1 comment:

    1. I definitely plan on making this one. We are obsessed with lime and cilantro. Yum! ;)

      ReplyDelete