Search My Blog!!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pecan Ginger Salmon

When Ron and I choose to go 'on our own' for dinner, I must admit that I secretly breathe a sigh of relief.  Granted, I'm not happy that Ron is normally choosing to eat cookie crisp or frozen bagel bites, but I'm glad that I get a chance to mix up a meal that I know he would not eat otherwise.  I'm always on my own for lunch, but my lunch meals tend to be lighter, so I never make a hearty meal.  My choice always ends up being either a vegetarian meal or some sort of fish dish.   I bookmarked this recipe a while ago and I knew it would be my next salmon dish on the next evening that Ron requested a bowl of cookie crisp.  I did change up the recipe a bit.  I didn't have skinless and didn't feel like filleting the fish, so I just marinated the top part of the salmon and it worked just fine.  I also didn't feel like opening a bag of walnuts, so the original "walnut ginger salmon" became a "pecan ginger salmon" but it was still delicious.  It takes about 30 minutes to marinate, but the fish cooks up so fast with the broiler.  I put it in the fridge to marinate, ran a quick errand, turned on the broiler when I got back, and dinner was ready in less than 15 minutes!
Pecan Ginger Salmon
from Taste of Home
Yield:  4 servings
Time:  40 minutes (30 minutes prep, 10 minutes cook)
Ingredients
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
Instructions
  1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, mustard, soy sauce and ginger; add the salmon.  Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
  2. Drain and discard marinade.  Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray.  Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, sprinkling with nuts during the last 2 minutes of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment