Search My Blog!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Bread

I planned to post an actual recipe for a meal today and not just a baked good. But trying to post this recipe for peanut butter bread has nearly been a disaster and a long time coming! While its in good form, I'm just goin' with it! It all started back in May, shortly after I made this bread for the first time (there have been several!). On the day I posted this, Blogger was having major issues and it decided to not publish the post I wrote up AND it eliminated 10 posts ready to publish.
Then, I went to post it again but my computer CRASHED erasing everything on my hard drive including the photographs of the bread. Awesome.

So, I was a bit hesitant to post this recipe. But its the third time I've gone to post it and third time is a charm, right?

I'm in love with this bread. I'm obsessed with peanut butter and obsessed with bread, so it only makes sense to combine them. It tastes so good with jam. With honey. Or if you are like me, even more peanut butter. Or, if you are like Ron, with this delicious Biscoff spread that mommy dearest mailed to me because Washington state does not carry it. But the bread is just delightful. It has 7 ingredients, it's so easy to make, and it just tastes ridiculously good.
Peanut Butter Sandwich Bread
from Eat, Live, Run
Yield: one loaf
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter (or almond butter or biscoff spread)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan.
  2. Cream peanut butter and sugar until thoroughly combined. 
  3. In separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
  4. With mixer running on low, slowly add in dry ingredients and liquid by alternating dry/wet until mixed thoroughly and smooth.
  5. Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
  6. Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!

1 comment: