Search My Blog!!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Easy Teriyaki Chicken & Brown Rice

I haven't had Chinese take-out in over a year.  I don't know why, really.  I guess I've paid a bit too much attention to those 'Eat This, Not That' books.

Recently, I saw a recipe in a grocery store advertisement for some teriyaki chicken.  I decided to save the recipe and give it a try.  It seemed easy enough and it certainly was!  I managed to undercook the rice, but it still tasted great.  I have a love/hate relationship with rice.  This is why I stick to these babies (aka one of my go-to daily items).


Easy Teriyaki Chicken & Brown Rice Dinner
adapted from Minute

Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/3 cup lite teriyaki sauce
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
  • 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
  • 1/2 cup salted peanuts or almonds (optional) 
Directions
  1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
  2. Add chicken; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
  3. Add water, teriyaki sauce and garlic powder; stir.
  4. Bring to a boil.
  5. Stir in rice, broccoli and peanuts (if desired).
  6. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
  7. Remove from heat.
  8. Let stand 5 minutes.
  9. Fluff with fork and enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment