Search My Blog!!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oven Roasted Shrimp & Butternut Squash Fusilli


Tonight was a rare Tuesday night home.  I am in school and most of my classes are in the evenings.  Class was canceled so I was fortunate to eat dinner at a normal time.  For some reason, I was craving shrimp. 

I don't recall that I have ever used shrimp in a recipe.  At some point in my life, I think I might have used a slow-cooker to make jambalaya, but I can't recall if I actually used the shrimp that was included in the ingredients.  In any event, I needed a quick & painless recipe for shrimp.  Honestly, I didn't even know how to cook shrimp.  In fact, tonight was the first time I had ever purchased fresh shrimp.  Sheesh. 

I found a fantastic recipe on the Food Network site for oven roasted shrimp.  It was paired with Thousand Island dressing, but I opted out of that step.  Though, I am sure it is delicious.

Oven Roasted Shrimp
slightly adapted from Food Network 

  • 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • olive oil
  • lemon juice

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Dry shrimp and place in bowl.
  3. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over shrimp.
  4. Sprinkle salt & pepper over shrimp.
  5. Toss to coat.
  6. Lay on a flat baking sheet and roast for 6-8 minutes.
WOAH!!  It was so simple, so quick and it turned out so good!  My fiancee, the carnivore, ate his up without a single complaint.   YUM!!

I would love to share my recipe for the butternut squash fusilli, but it came from a lovely box that was purchased at Target.  Don't judge - I can't quit my old habits cold turkey.  They are likely to stick around for a while.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment