Search My Blog!!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf

Chicken parmesan is one of my favorite italian meals.  So, after the chicken parm burgers, it's only fitting that I found yet another way to eat it.  I follow Joelen's blog so when I saw it appear on my iGoogle, I knew I had to make it.  She has a great blog and always gives instructions on how to store food for later use.  Very convenient!

This meatloaf did not disappoint.  It was incredibly delicious and both Ron and I were bummed that we didn't have more.  I had mixed it up before we went on a jog so we could come home and shove it in the oven.  Ron's been working late, so our dinners have been occurring around 8:30-9ish, so I didn't have time to prepare a side.  However, I think some baked potatoes and zucchini would taste very good with this and I'd plan to make that the next time I make this.

P.S. You can probably click on the link below for a much better (and appetizing) picture of this. :)

Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
from Joelen's Culinary Adventures
Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground chicken
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 c breadcrumbs
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 small onion, grated
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 c grated Parm cheese
  • 1/2 c pasta sauce
  • 1/2 c shredded italian cheese blend
  • minced parsley for garnish
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine ingredients (from ground chicken through parmesan cheese).  Try not to over handle the mixture (you don't want it getting tough!!) and spread into the greased loaf pan.
  3. Top the meatloaf with the pasta sauce.
  4. Place the filled loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
  5. Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle with the shredded cheese and place the meatloaf back in the oven until the cheese is melted.
  6. Remove from the oven and rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.  Sprinkle w/ parsley if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment