Search My Blog!!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hawaiian Chicken Burger

Yep, another "burger" for you.  I'm having a ball making things that are round and can easily be shoved in the broiler.  These were much different in flavor compared to the chicken parm burgers that we ate recently.  Ron preferred these ones.  I think I did too.  They were delicious.  Ron said they had a "tex-mex" flavor.  I guess I could kind of see it with the soy/cumin combination, but it's a stretch.  In any event, these were very, very good.

We used the broiler method again that we had used for the chicken parm burgers; about 9 minutes on one side, flip, 5 minutes remaining w/ cheese coming on at about minute 4:30.  I didn't have any pineapple rings to grill, so I just used the chunks I had in the fridge.  I also cut the recipe in half (the original, reflected below) calls for 2 pounds of ground chicken.  I did, however, leave the mix-ins at the same measurements, solely because I was looking for more flavor.

Serve with whatever side you wish.  Due to the increase in my pants size as of late, I ate carrot sticks.  Oh joy.
Hawaiian Chicken Burger
adapted from Homemade by Holman
Yield:  3-4 burgers
Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground chicken
  • pineapple
  • pepperjack cheese slices
  • hamburger buns
  • 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
Instructions
  1. Combine ground chicken, soy sauce, paprika, chili powder, seasoning salt, cumin, and garlic.
  2. Lightly mix with your hands and divide evenly into 3-4 patties; refrigerate about 30 minutes.
  3. Grill burgers over medium heat coated with cooking spray, about 6 minutes per side.  (They should flip easily when ready, if not, leave them on for another minute.)
  4. Top with cheese slice for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time to melt.
  5. Grill buns and pineapple rings, if desired.  To grill pineapple rings, grill directly on the grates over medium heat, carefully turning after 1-2 minutes.  If you're using pineapple chunks, thread until skewers and grill over medium heat, carefully turning after 1-2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment