Search My Blog!!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Maple Glazed Salmon

I love salmon.  It's such a versatile and healthy fish that takes virtually minutes to make.  For a while, I used to be the person who ordered salmon every single time we went to a restaurant.  All of my friends and family could practically predict what I would get, and sometimes ordered for me if I was running late, because I was so obvious about it.  I thought I had legitimate reasons for doing so.  Fish was smelly and my kitchen was small.  Smelly food + small kitchen = smelly house for a week!  Plus, I didn't know how to cook fish so I always opted for salmon so I could enjoy it without the negatives.  Then, I decided to bite the bullet and make my own salmon with this delicious recipe.  I was blown away by how easy it was.  To top it off, the fish didn't make a stench that permeated throughout the entire house and it was delicious restaurant-quality food!  Since then, I've been able to venture outside of my salmon box while dining out.  Thank goodness, because there are a lot of other wonderful options on a menu!

I posted the recipe for the butternut squash couscous a while ago, but I forgot to post the maple glazed salmon that I had with it!  This recipe comes from Cooking Light and I love the maple syrup that is used to glaze the fish after it has been cooked.  It took about 20 minutes to prepare the spice rub and cook the salmon, so it can easily be served as a quick weeknight meal with a side of couscous or rice and veggies.  The Cooking Light link even provides a suggested wine pairing, so check it out if you plan to make this for dinner!  The magazine itself provides a quick and easy side to prepare - tomato-dill couscous - so if you feel so inclined, mix this up as well.
Maple Glazed Salmon
Cooking Light
Ingredients
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp ancho chile powder (or regular)
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
  • cooking spray
  • 2 Tbsp maple syrup
Instructions
  1. Preheat broiler.
  2. Combine first 6 ingredients; rub spice mixture evenly over flesh side of fillets.
  3. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
  4. Brush fillets evenly with maple syrup; broil an additional 1 minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment