Search My Blog!!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I'm guessing that if I took a "what is your favorite cookie?" poll, I'd get a lot of "chocolate chip" or "peanut butters." I personally have no idea what my favorite cookie is -- it depends on the mood. At the holidays, I want my mom's thumbprint cookies or snickerdoodles. During the spring, I want sugar cookies. But my year-round go-to cookie is probably just going to be your regular ol' delicious chocolate chip, or peanut butter, or those little mexican wedding cookies. Ah! I can't decide. Cookies are too awesome to pick just one.
But, I'm guessing it's really hit or miss with oatmeal raisin. I enjoy a good oatmeal raisin cookie but people are pretty finicky with oatmeal in cookies. So I was quite surprised when I made oatmeal raisin cookies for two people in the past six months. Both times, they suggested oatmeal raisin as their favorites. And these were quite delicious. They were buttery. Sugary. Deliciously chewy. And had just enough spice. The link below will take you to the original recipe with a recipe for cream filling. I did not make the cream filling but I totally should have. It would have been like circa elementary school when I was totally hooked on Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Pennies on a Platter
Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 3/4 cups AP flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup walnuts (optional)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla with a mixer until blended. 
  3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
  4. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
  5. Fold in rolled oats, raisins, and walnuts (if desired). Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes and remove to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment