Search My Blog!!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chicken Caesar Lite Pita

I'm starting to feel a bit "soft" in the middle.  This is not a good feeling.  Normally, running sheds those unwanted areas in a jif.  Cycling outdoors can normally take care of anything within 2 days.  However, it's still freezing out so no outdoor biking (unless I want to kill myself on the 2 inches of ice on our roads).  Plus, I've been taking it easy since the Goofy's Challenge.  My body needs the rest to recover from the stress I gave it a few weekends ago.  I've been attending my normal spin classes, kickboxing, strength training and doing pilates, but it's not the same... *Sigh.

Fortunately, 18 weeks of Half-Ironman training commences this Monday.  Phew. 

But, "my recovery period" is no excuse for my eating habits.  Honestly, I've slacked with intuitive eating.  I've grabbed chocolate moreso than normal.  And, I'm stressed.  I'm stressed because of effing school.  It's ALREADY taking its toll on my sleep and eating habits.  However, the second that training starts, I hope to be back on board within a week.
Tonight I decided to make up some chicken caesar pitas.  Technically, they are chicken caesar "lite" because I use the "lite" pre-packaged mix.  You can basically use any wrap/pita bread that you want.  I love the Flat-Out variety.  They are incredibly good and I probably eat a wrap 6/7 days for lunch.  I've used them for pizza before.  They are so easy to pile veggies in and take on the run!  Plus, they have tons of awesome recipes on their site for different kinds of wraps.  
Chicken Caesar Lite Pitas
No recipe, just off-hand (though I'm sure there are recipes out there somewhere)
Nutrition:  ~ 275 calories (with use of Flat-Out Artisan or some other pita/wrap at 100 calories)
Ingredients
  • Pita Bread (or Wraps, the Flat Out variety are my favorites.)
  • Shredded Chicken
  • Fresh Express Caesar Lite Bag
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Parmesan cheese, if desired (will add more to nutrition)
  • Croutons from bag, if desired (will add more to nutrition)
Instructions
  1. Get your wrap/pita and pile on!
    1. Start with lettuce.
    2. Mix 3 oz. shredded chicken with about 1 tbsp of caesar dressing from bag.
    3. Place chicken over lettuce.
    4. Slice up some grape tomatoes and layer on top of chicken.
    5. Drizzle about 1.5 tsp of caesar dressing over chicken.
      1. Sprinkle cheese, if desired and croutons for a crunch!
    6. Enjoy!!!
Someone was moody because they did not get any Fancy Feast tonight.  Someone is starting to get a little bit spoiled... and "soft" in the middle.  So, someone is also going to need to slim down and lay off the Fancy Feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment