Search My Blog!!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Crockpot Thai Chicken


I often forget about my crockpot, but I've designated Thursdays as the official crockpot night.   Hopefully this thing gets used more often!

Unfortunately, there is no picture of the finished product.  This is because we ate it all and I was so hungry that I forgot to spare 2 seconds to take a picture!

I found a simple crockpot recipe for Thai inspired pork and decided to sub in chicken for the pork.  The recipe said that you could serve this over rice.  However, I decided to use the rice to make up a wrap sandwich and came up with a delicious wrap for dinner!

As mentioned above, there is no picture of the finished product.  I am unable to eat on Thursdays due to school so I come home ravenous.  I didn't even take my jacket off before I started fixing up my food.  In my defense, crockpots make the entire apartment smell good (including the hallway) so I was pretty dang hungry by the time I got inside.

This wrap was incredible!  I mixed up the chicken, heated up one of the 60 second rice bowls, pulled out a wrap, sprinkled some chow mein noodles/peanuts on top and had a meal.  My side was a buttload of carrots.  Seriously, this is incredible.  Try it!


Crockpot Thai Chicken
chicken adapted from Savour Fare 
Yield:  4 servings
Ingredients
  •  For Main Course: 
    • Nonstick cooking spray
    • 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 lb. each, each cut in thirds) (or 1 lb. chicken breasts)
    • 2 large red bell peppers, cored, seeded, cut into strips
    • 1/3 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
    • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    • 1 teaspoon prepared Thai red curry paste (optional)
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Instructions
  1. Cook on low for 8 hours.
  2. Remove pork (or chicken) from the crockpot and shred. 
  3. Add peanut butter to liquid in cooker, stir to combine, then return meat to the cooker and toss so the sauce coats the meat.
  4. Prepare wrap
    1. Place as much cooked rice in wrap as you want.  (or Serve on a roll w/ some type of thai flavored slaw)
    2. Add chicken/pork.
    3. Add additional items:  Sprinkle some chow mein noodles, peanuts, cashews, green onion, chopped yellow onion, etc.  Whatever flavor you want.  Ron added some hot sauce, but said the peanuts made it the best.
    4. Roll up and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment