Search My Blog!!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Strawberry Muffins

Earlier this week, I realized that I was craving fruity muffins.  I turned to my recipe que and noticed that I had bookmarked a recipe from a Clean Eating site for Kiwi muffins.  Kiwi?  I was interested.  But, I'm still going forward with my spending diet and was determined not to run to the store for more fruit.  I'm stocked right now with apples, bananas and berries.  So, I decided to make the muffins with strawberries.  And, I'm so glad that I did!


I tweaked this recipe a bit.  It is no longer "clean" but I used what I had on hand.  Original clean recipe can be found by clicking on the blog title.  I made a small batch so the measurements reflect 1/2 dozen.  Two days later and they are all gone!  I guess I should have made a full dozen.  Adjust as needed :)
Strawberry Muffins
adapted from The Gracious Pastry
Yield:  6 muffins
Ingredients
  • 3/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 c wheat bran
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 c agave
  • 1/8 c (or 2 tbsp) canola oil
  • 1/8 c 2% milk (or soy milk)
  • 1/2 c chopped fruit of choice (I used strawberries)
Directions
  1. Prepare your muffin tin by spraying the top surface with a light coat of olive oil and placing muffins paper in the tins.
    1. I use a silicone muffin pan.  It's much easier to just pop them out!
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour through wheat bran).
  4. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients except for the fruit.
  5. Mix both bowls separately and then combine.  (Batter will be thick.)
  6. Fold in your fruit and scoop into muffin tins.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Muffins will be done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment