Search My Blog!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Red Thai Curry with Cauliflower on Shrimp

This recipe intrigued me.  It has a lot of vegetables that I like and accompanies flavors that I like.  Ron's out of town so I decided it would be a quick and easy recipe to try out for myself.  The original called for tofu, however, I substituted that ingredient for shrimp.  Shrimp sounded much more appealing.

I actually liked this a lot.  It was very quick and easy to prepare.  It only takes about 2.5 hours in the crockpot and the flavors were subtle, but good.  I doubt I'd make this again for dinner, but this is only because Ron wouldn't eat it.  He'd end up picking out all of the shrimp or saying "why don't you add some meat into this?"  It would turn into a fight that I'm just not interested in having.

However, I will remember this one for the next time he goes out of town.
Red Thai Curry with Cauliflower
adapted from askGeorgie.com
Yield:  4 servings
Nutrition:  Per serving (with shrimp): 263 calories, 8 g total fat, 6 g saturated fat, 218 mg cholesterol, 20 g total carbohydrate, 6 g dietary fiber, 29 g protein, 884 mg sodium.
 
Ingredients
  • 1 head cauliflower (6” diameter)
  • 1 cup frozen cut green beans
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • ½ cup chopped yellow onion
  • 2 tablespoons minced ginger
  • 2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
  • ½ cup regular coconut milk
    • If using FF coconut milk, increase to 1 cup.
  • ¼ cup fresh basil, shredded
  • Salt to taste (or 1 Tablespoon fish sauce)
  • 1 pound cooked shrimp
Instructions 
  1. Chop cauliflower into large florets and place in slow cooker. Add green beans, peas, onion, and ginger.
  2. In a bowl, combine vegetable broth and curry paste, and stir until smooth. Pour over vegetables in slow cooker.
  3. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
  4. Stir in the coconut milk and shredded basil, and season to taste with salt or fish sauce.
  5. Place shrimp into serving bowls.  
  6. Ladle hot curry over shrimp to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment